Green Human Resource Management Practices and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour towards the Environment in the Banking Sector in Bangladesh
The purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of green human resource management practices on organizational citizenship behaviour towards the environment based on the Ability-Motivation-Opportunity (AMO) theory. To support statistical analyses, relevant data were gathered from 132 employees working in the commercial banking sector of Bangladesh. To assess the research model, the PLS-SEM approach was applied using SmartPLS 3.0. The study found a significant positive impact of green training and development, green performance appraisal, and green employee empowerment on organizational citizenship behaviour towards the environment. Besides, deviated from previous studies, we found green recruitment and selection, and green rewards were not significant predictors to employee green behaviour. The results of the study suggest that organizations should provide more attention to green employee empowerment, and green training and development to develop responsible eco-friendly behaviour among the participants. Moreover, the study suggests some new research perspectives considering organizational and individual variables to get more insights on the issue and to overcome the limitations of this research.
Copyright (c) 2022 Bangladesh Journal of Public Administration
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Authors consent to publish the article and identify them as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The users can use, reuse and build upon the material published in the journal but only for non-commercial purposes.
- This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, adaptation, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.