Transfer Of Rural Funds Through Branches Of Commercial Banks
The major thrust of the present paper is to find relevance in Banglades11 of the thesis developed by ~~rdal' with regard to the flow of transfer of funds from less developed areas to the more developed ones. This process is termed by him as "backwash effects." The logic of such fund transfer, as shown by him, lies in the possibility of getting relatively higher return from investing funds in the more developed areas. It may be noted here that the present study is limited to the rural operations of commercial banks in Bangladesh. Comnlercial Banks are szlected for this purpose mainly because the same appears to be relatively more prominent2 in terms of the volume of transactions compared to other agencies operating in the rural financial market of Bangladesh.
- Copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Authors consent to publish the article and identify them as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The users can use, reuse and build upon the material published in the journal but only for non-commercial purposes.
- This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, adaptation, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.