Customer Satisfaction of Bangladesh Railway E-Ticketing System:
A Gender Perspective
E-ticketing service is one of the most popular innovations in the rail transportation service. Considering the significance of the service, the study aims to explore customer satisfaction of the e-ticketing system of the Bangladesh Railway. It also investigates the gender perspective in regards to the service quality dimensions. A cross-sectional study was conducted among 361 respondents, followed by a quantitative approach. A structured questionnaire was used to survey the passengers from different railway stations in Dhaka City. The findings showed that the service quality indicators such as well customized website (ß= .130, p value< 0.05), ease of using the website (ß = .339, p value<0.05), ticket purchasing and website crash (ß = .162, p value< 0.05), web browsing security (ß = .150, p value< 0.05), NID & credit card payment security (ß = .186, p value< 0.05) have significant impact on customer satisfaction. Both Multivariate analysis of variances and discriminant analysis revealed that male and female customers have a significant variation in perception regarding user-friendliness and fulfilment dimension. Concentrating on the findings, the study has also suggested some implications to the government and the concerned organizations, such as enforcing gender-sensitive policy (reserved compartments for women in railway service) to increase female satisfaction of the e-ticketing service of Bangladesh Railway.
Copyright (c) 2022 Bangladesh Journal of Public Administration
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright is retained by the author(s).
- Authors consent to publish the article and identify them as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The users can use, reuse and build upon the material published in the journal but only for non-commercial purposes.
- This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, adaptation, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.